Saturday, January 30, 2016

Capilano Suspension Bridge Experience

“Travel is still the most intense mode of learning" 
                                        -Kevin Kelly 

Hi Wanderlusters!

A year and a half ago I spent some days of vacation in Vancouver, Canada. I didn't know what to expect from it since it was the first time for me. What I can tell you is that Vancouver is a beautiful city. I didn't know that a city could be SO clean. What I love the most about it is that it combines the modernity of a busy metropolis with its mirrored skyscrapers, and the tranquillity and peace of the parks that are very wide. The only bad thing about Vancouver is the weather: it rains. A lot. In July. So Not Cool.

What I'd like to share with you is my experience at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Guys, if you are going to Vancouver or anywhere near there, you've got to visit this site, it's something you won't regret. The views you get to see from the different bridges can be describe with just one word: breathtaking!


There are many different experience you can try and walk on but, of course this one is the main attraction:

     
 

This is the suspended bridge and it is 140 metres (460 ft) long and 70 metres (230 ft) above the river. Walking on it is quite and adventure, but that all part of the fun! You can take as many pictures as you like, but that operation becomes quite difficult when all the other people on the bridge start shaking it because they think it's "way more fun" -_- Now, being at 70 meters above the river i personally like a more quite walk along the bridge, but that's just me.
If you want your personal photos to look like the ones above (taken from Pinterest), you might want to get to the site early in the morning. If you get there whit everyone else, you might have to line up and wait for your turn to walk on the bridge (we don't want it to get overcrowded, right?!?) 
If you suffer from dizziness, you shouldn't get on it, cause once you take the first step on the bridge, there's no turning back...

Another wonderful experience to try is walking on the other suspended bridge which is rounded. Take a look: 

      

I loved this part in particular, because the panorama is amazing. As you can see, the you don't have a lot to space to walk on, since the bridge is pretty tiny, but I felt so adventurous while there. 


On the other side of the bridge you get to do some different things, like seeing the animals that lives in those kind of woods and there's a nice safe walks among the trees, yes, you got that right.



Once you're done exploring the forest on the other side, and you think you're ready to go home you have to cross the long, suspended bridge once again. Cool, right? Yeah, too bad that on my way back it started raining. But I think it's best if I say pouring rain. I was soaking wet. No kidding. But, at the end of the day I was happy it rained, made my experience even more adventurous and it added a lot of enchantment to the views, from the different bridges.


One last thing, before exiting the site, don't forget to say hi and take a pictures with this funny dudes :) They're great people to hang out with!





"Are we out of the woods yet?"

Here's one of the picture I took while there,  I'm so glad I got to experience this whole thing. As you can see,  everything is wonderful.



For more pics you can check my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/barbicc/

Barbi

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment